Title: Gwen Stefani’s You Make It Feel Like Christmas
Year of Release: 2017
Available On: Hulu December 2017
Rating: 4 out of 5 Jingle Bells
This cannot have full Jingle Bells because of the involvement of Seth McFarlane. He’s the worst. Not the worst singer, but a terrible human. Besides him, it’s about as tolerable as you think it would be!
Gwen Stefani’s You Make It Feel Like Christmas” is a modern take on the traditional Christmas specials that we all grew up with and love. Featuring musical performances and fun holiday sketches, this one-hour primetime special will capture Stefani’s infectious spirit and iconic style. It will take her accessible joie de vivre and the love in her heart and share it with audiences around the country.
Who wrote that? I want that job.
Things you should know about this special:
1. Gwen looks fucking beautiful throughout. Like, she is just so so beautiful. Signature red lip in various shades – all of them work.
2. Did I mention the outfits? So many perfect outfits.
3. The best song Gwen does (and she’s kind of made for it) is “Santa Baby.” Otherwise she is as nasal as ever and nothing will ever be as good as that first album was, I can’t even feel bad about it.
4. Blake Shelton plays his usual bumbling self – which, against all odds, I kind of like. I know, I know. Does he ever not wear jeans? Stonewashed jeans, no less?
5. This is timely. Timely jokes, timely style. It’s not something we’re going to be able to watch for years to come, so we should enjoy it while we can.
6. I hate it but they are cute together.
7. This is gonna embarrass her kids later in life.
8. When rich people sing, “I don’t need no money…” I tend to roll my eyes, so keep that in mind. Gwen’s trying to keep this non-capitalist and family-centered, but at the end of the day homegirl changes outfits 1,000 times and all of that costs a whole lotta money.
And now you’re ready to make an informed decision.