Title: Naughty Or Nice
Year of Release: 2012
Available On: Hallmark DVD purchased from Amazon
Rating: 4 out of 5 Jingle Bells
I didn’t think I was going to like this movie, but surprisingly, I actually love it. Hilarie Burton as Krissy Kringle is very good, and Jessica Tuck as vindictive, over-competitive neighbor Debbie O’Brien is equally wonderful. Most importantly perhaps, I haven’t seen this movie before! The plot is unique. The story is truly excellent, the shining star of any movie, but uncommon in this genre as you know if you have been reading along with me for any measure of time. This is a plot palate cleanser! Don’t skip it!
Here’s why I like this movie:
- Love interest Lance (Matt Dallas) is verrrry cute — and actually kind. There’s something about his voice, too, it’s super sexy and I can’t put my finger on why.
- Kooky best friend, Marco (Gabriel Tigerman) is clever, supportive, and not too stereotypical in any direction. I love that she made a real friend at her retail job.
- Redemptive story arc that straddles the line between cheesy and poignant.
- Excellent moral: “there are two sides to every coin” and there’s basically no Bad Guy in this movie, which is refreshing.
- Michelle Hurd as Krissy’s boss ain’t too bad to look at either, and her role is fun to watch.
- Good jokes that might actually make one laugh instead of cringe.
- SPOILER: I don’t even like wedding proposals, but I freaking loved this one. I legitimately got chills.
Ok, what are you waiting for? This one might actually be worth checking out. Hit me up, I’ll let you my copy.